Monday 25 March 2019

Speedster body Assembly

Render using Fusion 360

Speedster body Assembly 

The doors are a neat fit and may need to be sanded or use a dremel with a small barrel sander to clean up the body door gap, then check the door fit. You can decide if you want the doors to open or welded shut. My first prototype had the doors welded shut and the red speedster has doors that open. Note you should use the doors as a guide when gluing or heat stacking the roof , back , rails and front together.
 The hinges are glued or heat staked to body first and like any "hanging of a door" the door is carefully positioned then (I heat staked on the outside then carefully removed the door and heat staked it on the inside.) I guess there could be a number of ways to do this but that is what i did. I also found on my third build I could use a slightly larger brad ( nail) with its head cut off and cut to size and push fit into hinges. ( the first prototype the doors were glued in place and do not open) the second used a 12mm brad and were slightly loose.

If required I have included a part option- (38A)  door lock rotate arm.
designing a lock piece that fits to the door handle shaft, the arm rotates and fits is slot in fire wall.
 I think that is the hardest part of the build, you could sand all the parts smooth first if you like.
I gave all parts a medium amount of prep before applying spray putty, though i had to use filler on the back roof as the heat of the 3d printer plate melted the roof pla in some places,I filled and sanded around where I heat staked the roof to the body .
see the video for  all steps 




end.
I had a thought printing the doors at 99% scale would make them slightly smaller and they would not require any sanding.
Some assembly photos for CAD.
You can clearly see the layout of the cab.



the grill surround is a part of a new model i am working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.